Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Top 13 Movies in 2013

I am a movie buff first before being a toy photographer and I would like to share my top 13 films in 2013.

2013 was another great year for Hollywood films and I'm excited for what to come this year. Among the many movies I have seen, these are my 13 picks for 2013:

1. Man of Steel - Huge Superman fan. Watched this film 5 times and I still can't get enough of it.
2. Gravity - Really surprised with this film. If not for MOS, this will surely be my number 1 film. Sandra gave a strong performance and I'm hoping she be rewarded with an Oscar. 
3.The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Peter Jackson did it again. It was one of my best iMAX experiences. The fast frame rate really did the trick. 
4. Star Trek: Into Darkness - Always been a huge fan of JJ Abrams and yeah I love burning my cornea with his lens flare. 
5. Life of Pi - One epic Ang Lee film. Visually stunning and the story is engaging. 
6. Iron Man 3 - A departure from the last 2 Iron Man films and it's refreshing to know that Marvel is taking a much darker and bolder films. 
7. Frozen - I thought the Snowman was cheesy when I first saw the trailer so it was only after its second week of showing that I decided to watch and boy I was wrong. The graphics are fluid, the songs top-notched.
8. Les Miserables - Anne Hathaway blew me away. I thought I would not cry but alas, when she sang
her piece, it's hello tears for me.

9. The Croods - Fun and action-packed animated film by Dreamworks. 
10. The Conjuring - Clapping hands will never be the same again. Instead of the usual horror films, Wan made use of the environment making this one a very strong horror film.
11. Pacific Rim - Action-packed and the effects are really impressive.
12. Hunger Games: Catching Fire - An improvement in all aspect. Gone are the cheesy parts.
 13. Djando Unchained - I have a soft spot for Quentin films and for me this is one of his best films alongside Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction.



Excited for the films to be release this year and I'm highly anticipating the following (1) Maleficent (2) 300: Rise Of Empire (3) Captain America: The Winter Soldier (4) Transformers 4: Age of Extinction (5) XMEN Days of Future Past 

Happy New Year, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...