Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Nightmare Before Christmas

The Nightmare Before Christmas by Tim Burton is one of my all-time favorite movies and I was inspired by a short clip made entirely of paper cut diorama I saw months ago. I've decided to create one but, instead of using paper, I used a cardboard (behind-the scene images below).



What shall we do next, Zero?
Oh, hello there, Zero!
Jack and Sally.


Sharing the behind the scene:

I first sketched the trees and hill. Then I extracted the images using a cutter. I used styro as a base and since I used a cardboard, I did not have a hard time making it stand. For the shoot, I used crepe paper then placed the lamps behind it (as shown below).

Excited to do more of this type of diorama using my other 2-3 inches toys. An inexpensive way to create a quick diorama and the result is equally satisfying.







-Fin-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...